DIY sampler...Tea Wall

/
2 Comments
So just to demonstrate my DIY gusto, I thought I'd post a little sampler of what's to come. I'll be honest, this DIY sampler has nothing to do with the nanny-focused DIY projects that are on the way...unless she likes tea...at which point in time it's a stretch, but I'd say it's relevant. I'm actually more of a DIY builder myself. Over the past several years, I've installed two kitchens, tiled 4 backslashes, built one shed, one deck, and overhauled two washrooms, in addition to making cosmetic upgrades to multiple spaces, BUT crafting is actually very new to me! I'm getting very into it with the help of a few friends, namely, Lindsay who is a fashion forward fellow blogger (The ELM Life: DIY, fashion, crafting and the like - you can check out her blog HERE) and Danielle...she's super crafty, super sweet, and talented to boot! She helped me with this project, check it out...

Finished Product

Tins - finished product
The Idea

I am a huge tea drinker...all herbal...all the time. My husband and I like to think of ourselves as "beverage people"...herbal tea, smoothies, apple cider, fresh homemade juices, lemonade...you name it and we sip it. :-) As my love for teas progressed, I was finding less and less room in my cupboards, thus a tea wall was born.
Tea wall pre-labels
How-To

With my friend Danielle's help, I found some super cute (and thick/stiff) wrapping paper - thanks Target...(make sure you say it with the soft "g" to make it sound classy) ;-) I cut the wrapping paper to fit the tea tins, using a ruler (for a nice clean straight line) and an x-acto knife. I then covered the wrapping paper around the tea tins using a small glue gun. Finally I developed a template in Word to make tea tin labels using cute little post-it notes I found at Target. They were sticky on the backing (not just with a stripe along the top like conventional ones) so I just stuck them to the tins. Then I found some simple white shelves at Ikea and mounted a tea wall in my kitchen. This was my first DIY (of the craftier persuasion) project.

Sharp knife...who knew crafting was such a dangerous sport!
Cost & Materials

David's Tea tins - already owned
X-acto knife - already owned (originally paid $8)
Ruler - already owned (but can buy at Dollar store)
Glue gun - already owned (but can buy at Dollar store)
Wrapping paper - Target: $4.99 (x3)
Blue post-its - Target: $3.99
TOTAL COST: Less than $20
Before

See how proud we look!
My tea wall :-)


You may also like

2 comments:

  1. This fantastic. I've got a large tea collection and have been hording the empty davids tea tins thinking I will refill them...but they would look ugly with just me writing on them the new teas. This is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jill! Yes it is perfect for re-using tins and refilling them with all different teas! The idea for me was inspired by wanting to get them out of the cupboard to save space, and also to display them because I'm such a proud tea drinker ;-) This one was not without the help of my friend Danielle who always seems to know which materials to use to accomplish any crafty task. Send me a picture when you make yours and I'll feature it on Nanny&Me's social media. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.

The 411 on Nanny&Me

I am SO excited to have my son, Logan, provided with the one-on-one care of a nanny in our home. The process of recruiting and keeping a nanny seems intimidating at times and there are so many things to think about and consider. The goal of my blog is to support, encourage and empower parents who are considering and pursuing the path of a nanny.

Nanny&Me provides free resources and information that will support you in finding, selecting, and keeping a great nanny. Nanny&Me will also share our family's journey on the road to building a strong and positive relationship with our nanny.

About Me

My photo
Hi! (not sure the exclamation mark was necessary, but I'm just excited to say hello). My name's Jenn. I am a passionate mom, non-profit executive, real estate hobbiest, and athlete. I'm an enthusiastic person with a growth mindset. I love learning and growing every day!